Friday, November 21, 2014

Current beauty favorites

Initially, I wanted to create a monthly post of my beauty favorites. But to be honest, I am pretty loyal to the products I love and that work for my complexion and skin type. Therefore, I decided to create a current favorites instead.

Many women ask what makeup products I use with the assumption that I may only use MAC or more higher end brands. I think this has become a global assumption...that in order to achieve a flawless and "beat" face, you have to wear these type of brands. I hope this post inspires you to save a few bucks in your pocket, and achieve a flawless and "beat" look on a budget. Here are just a few makeup and other beauty related products that I have been loving on lately!

1. Pure Essentials Oil Aroma Naturals Tranquility Aromatic Mist- a few sprays on my pillows really helps me get a good night's sleep
2. The Body Shop Atlas Mountain Rose Body Butter- I love the smell and body butters are great for the colder seasons
3. Cantu Argan Oil Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream- soooo moisturizing
4. Cantu Shea Moisture for Natural Hair Complete Conditioning Co-Wash- also very moisturizing
1. Maybelline Color Tattoo by Eye Studio 24hr eyeshadow in 35 Tough as Taupe
2. Maybelline New York Define-A-Brow Pencil in Medium Brown- Anastasia, who!? Lol
3. MAC satin eyeshadow in Coquette
4. MAC Pro Longwear eyeshadow in Uninterrupted- also great for contouring
5. L.A. Girl H.D. Pro Concealers in Cool Tan (GC980) and Warm Honey (GC982)
1. The Body Shop Tea Tree Cool & Creamy Wash- pairs well with my Shea Moisture Black Soap that I also love
2. Shea Moisture African Black Soap Problem Skin Facial Mask with Tamarind and Tea Tree Oil- this is great for all skin types as I do not have problem skin
3. NYX Studio Perfect Photo-Loving Primer- this is great if you have oily skin like myself
4. NYX Matte Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray- this works wonders when you spray before and after your makeup application
5. Revlon Photo Ready foundation in 010 Caramel- apply this with a Real Technique's beauty sponge for a flawless and natural finish
1. Forever21 Nail Color in Light Grey- I am all about nudes and natural nails, and am currently obsessing over grey anything (lol)
2. SinfulSHINE with Gel Tech in Prosecco1480- paired with the Light Grey polish or alone, this color is absolutely gorgeous
3. NYX Simply Vamp Lip Cream in Aphrodisiac SV03- amazing Autumn and Winter lip color and easy to apply
4. MAC satin lipstick in Siss- I don't hear much rave about this color but it is one of my favorite nudes
5. NYX Matte Lipstick in Butter MLS21- this is my absolute favorite nude color and very comparable to Rhianna's MAC nude lipstick

No comments: