Friday, November 4, 2011

"Fashion means breaking all the rules!" -Genovia Elle

Just thought I would feature some of my work on my own blog, so that all of my followers and viewers can get to know me a little better. My name is Genovia Elle, and I have always been sparked by the creative freedom and indispensable funk of fashion. I like to believe it all originated when I was a little girl and my parents allowed me to dress myself- no matter how mismatched my clothes were. Although I have some horrific pictures from back then (lol), it was my parents who not only instilled this creativity and freedom of style that I have, but also a good sense of self-esteem in knowing that I can feel and look good in anything that I wear. Ironically, I love to play around with and mismatch different colors, textures, and patterns. When people ask me what does fashion mean to me, I reply "Fashion means breaking all the rules!" This is why I love fashion, because I don't feel constrained to follow any fashion rules (though they do exist). I just do me, and I do it from the very core of my being. My twin sister would read this and say that I was getting deep, as she always says lol, but it just gets that deep with me. If you cannot feel good about yourself and what you wear because of some "rules," then don't follow them. I do what makes me feel good, and it works for me.

Upon viewing my pics from this photo shoot, I challenge you to ask yourself what works for you? And is it really working? You gotta let your clothes work for you; you don't work for your clothes!

So check me out ;-)















Photography by A.P. Photography
Hair by Caress Sahura
Earrings made by So N'Tu You (my jewelry line)
Vintage accessories and handbag
Styling and makeup by yours truly!

If you have any inquiries about any of the following listed above, please leave a comment or email me at gholmes1913@yahoo.com. I can also be reached via Facebook.com/GenoviaElle and Twitter.com @ElleOhElle19

Also, please be on the look out for my jewelry line, So N'Tu You Jewelry...along with Extensions of You Hair Weave! Coming soon to a theater near you (not literally but...) LOL.

Lastly, I want to know what does fashion mean for you, and what works for you. Leave comments please.

6 comments:

Joe keith said...

Hey cuzzo, looks like I'm the first to post..geeked..I love the blog and yes I always remembered you thinking outside the box...(ear rings on shoes) enough said right lol...but I know u will be big in this industry in some way..I love u to pieces and when u need some stylistic call me atl only one flight away..:-)

Sena Bena said...

My twin sis is da bizzness!!!

Genovia Elle said...

@Joe Awww thanks cuz!!! Wow you actually remember that lol...I need to come to the A soon, and we gotta do some work together when I come and combine our fierceness. Thanks so much...love ya!

@Sena You the biz too boo!!! :-)

Tashonda said...

Awesome! I remember the first time I saw you, you had the big blonde hair and I thought to myself " That's one beautiful sister! " If there is nothing else to say about her (there's plenty ), she got this style that's something to look forward too! My teens like your blogs too! :-)

Jessica (OCB) said...

Cool blog! I agree we don't work for our clothes! lol and I love the earrings in your pics!!!!!!!

Genovia Elle said...

@Tashonda Awww thanks so much hun!!! That means a lot, and I thank your kids for the love and support as well :)

@Jessica Thanks Jess...I will keep you posted on when I launch my fb page and website for my jewelry and hair business!